CARING FOR YOUR YONI (PART 3)
Tampons or Moon Cups?
Quite frankly, the answer is neither. Do I have your attention? I thought so
Tampons are often filled with bleach and contribute to land waste. Menstrual cups, on the other hand, aren’t the most natural and nurturing alternative either. In this article, we explore the alternatives.
WANT TO READ MORE?
Thank you for visiting Utopia Rising! This article is reserved for our members but you can sign up for FREE membership here. We hope you enjoy our community and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’d like to introduce you to the best alternative for your moon cycle – and to the magic of SEA SPONGES! They are completely natural and good for you as they are filled with minerals. I absolutely LOVE them and have not looked back!
HOW SEA SPONGES WORK
Sea Sponges naturally conform to fit the shape of your vaginal wall. Once inserted they are so comfortable you totally forget it’s there.
- Wash your hands (use a fragrance-free natural soap)
- Moisten the sponge using warm water until its soft
- Gently squeeze to rinse out excess moisture. You want the sponge to be soft, moist and bouncy, not soaking wet and heavy.
- Using your fingers, gently squish the sponge and insert into your vagina. TIP: Push the sponge all the way in until it feels comfortable. If it’s not comfortable, chances are you need to push it in further.
- Most women tend to wear their Sponges between 6-8 hours depending on their flow. They should be removed and rinsed once they feel full, or before bedtime. Find what works best for you to keep you comfortable and clean throughout the day.
CLEANING AND STORAGE
- When you are using your sponge during your period, there is no need to clean and sanitise every time you remove and re-insert. Simply rinse out the sponge with warm water and place back into the vagina.
- Clean and sanitise your sponge at least once a day throughout the duration of your period.
- Tip: If you happen to be out of your home and have to change while in a public restroom – keep a bottle of water in your purse and rinse in your stall. If you do not have a bottle of water – just squeeze out the excess and re-insert. Wipe any mess on your hands with a tissue, before going to wash at the sink.
CLEANING AND SANITIZING YOUR YONI SPONGE
You may create your own solution using any of the following:
- 1 cup of warm water mixed with:
- Tea Tree Oil (1-2 drops), Baking Soda (1 tablespoon) and Apple Cider Vinegar (1 tablespoon)
- Women who suffer from regular yeast infections may benefit from the use of colloidal silver. Colloidal silver is known to kill nearly all pathogenic organisms in under 10 minutes.
- Tea Tree oil is shown to inhibit over 60 strains of bacteria. Isn’t nature wonderful?
Do not use harsh soaps or anything with fragrance or chemicals on your sponge. Even “natural” soaps may leave a film behind and disrupt the pH levels in your vagina.
RINSE WITH COOL WATER
Gently squeeze out after rinsing. Do not pull on your sponge as it can cause it to tear.
- For optimal drying, try to hang in a mesh bag in natural sunlight.
- You may also lay out on a clean towel to ensure the sponge doesn’t make contact with any areas that may be unsanitary.
- Make sure the entire sponge is dry before placing in your Yoni Storage bag.
- Do NOT put your sponge in a clothes dryer or use a hair dryer as it can damage the sponge.
MORE SPONGE CARE TIPS
- Your Sponge is re-usable and can last 3-6 months with proper care.
- DO NOT over clean your sponge. Over cleaning will cause the sponge to weaken.
- DO NOT boil or microwave your sponge
- DO NOT pull or tear your sponge. Use scissors to trim any bits rather than tearing or ripping off.
- You can use your Sponge to insert healing fulvic acids or probiotics into your vagina during your period you can put a drop of rose geranium essential oil on your sponge and insert it – this feels very soothing and calming
- Smaller sea sponges – great for light flow or for young girls
- Bigger sea sponges – perfect for normal to heavy flow (you can cut them to size)
Below you will find my best-kept secrets:
This organic herbal stick can be used to balance the PH levels of your vagina and gently “exfoliate” / clean it from the inside. On the packaging, it also talks about tightening effects. Unfortunately, I can’t personally testify to this as I did not have the fortune of giving natural birth (pretty tragic for ‘Miss Natural’ over here). I do however find that it does care for my yoni and make it feel clean and taken care of. I only use this once a month and it’s not something you want to overdo.
Massaging your yoni regularly and finding spots that are holding tension or pain, is a wonderful way to learn how to give yourself pleasure and feel into where you are holding tension.
This Rose Quartz Pleasure Wand is different to a vibrator which is stimulating and distracts you from actually feeling. The rose quartz ultimately paves the way for deeper pleasure and surrender. As you detox, you may experience a loss of libido, which is quite normal as your body focuses on healing. Loss of libido is also due to stopping the stimulation and allowing weakness to surface. As your endocrine and hormonal imbalances are revealed, you may uncover emotions that lead to a low point which you were unaware of previously.
Both my husband and I went through quite a dip in libido and at some point even wondered if it would ever come back! Using this time to soften and dearmour your body and soul is a great way to prepare to engage with your sensuality in a whole new way that is a lot more authentic and integrated. Trust the process and enjoy the journey.
To support your overall wellbeing, hormones and libido, medicinal mushrooms bring energy and wellbeing without the stimulating effects. To balance estrogen, use this and for enhanced testosterone (which often plays a part in low libido), use this.
Pine Pollen also plays a big part in supporting testosterone production, strengthens the adrenals and supports the nervous system. This is a great product to add to your lymphbuster juice, smoothies or nice-cream.
To care for your yoni and deepen your relationship with your sensuality and sexuality, all you need to do is feel. Feel into your yoni, feel into what she has to say, trust her as your sacred sister with wisdom to impart and trust your heart and belly to guide the way.
This journey of Em-bodiment is as vast as it is deep and the magic waiting to reveal itself to you on this journey is the gift for your presence.